- ABOUT US
We are DNA Gensee SAS, a company registered at 17, avenue du Lac Léman, 73370 Le Bourget du Lac, France with company number: 752 847 962 and registered office at (“we” or “us”). We are the data controller responsible for your personal information. You may contact us as detailed in section 11.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the DNA Gensee website we collect or receive your personal information in the following ways:
- Information request: To enable us to answer back, you may need to provide us with a valid email address and your first and last name, and telephone number.
- Automated information : We automatically receive and record information from your browser or your mobile device when you use the Site, such as your IP address or unique device identifier, cookies and data about which pages you visit. This information is stored in log files and is collected automatically. We may also automatically collect device-specific information when you use the Services. This information may include information such as the hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address. For more information about cookies and similar technologies, see section 7.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. The DNA Gensee website is not directed towards children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use our website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 18 years of age, we will delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as detailed in section 11.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
When you use the website we collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information as described in this notice. Whenever we process your personal information we do so on one of the following legal bases:
- you have given your consent for us to do so;
- it’s necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party;
- it’s necessary to comply with a legal obligation or in connection with a legal claim;
- it’s necessary in the public interest; or
- it’s necessary to protect someone’s life.
4.2. INFORMATION USES
Third party plug-ins or add-ons may collect information about your use of the Site. For example, when you load a page on the Site that has a social plug-in from a third party site or service, such as a ‘Like’ or ‘Send’ button, you are also loading content from that third party site. These interactions are subject to the privacy practices of the third party. In addition, certain cookies and other similar technologies on the Site are used by third parties to recognise your computer or mobile device each time you are connected.
Legal and safety obligations : We may retain your personal information or release it to a third party in the following limited circumstances:
- in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet legitimate national security or law enforcement requirements;
- to protect, establish, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims, including to collect a debt;
- to comply with a subpoena, court order, legal process, or other legal requirement; or
- when we believe in good faith that such processing is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud
In these cases, our use of your information may be necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping our website secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage. Such use may also be necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. In rare cases it may also be necessary in the public interest or to prevent loss of life or personal injury. If we receive a lawful request for information in one of the limited circumstances described in this paragraph, we may disclose your personal information.
- MESSAGES FROM US
We may need to contact you from time to time. You agree that we may send you site-related emails or messages. Examples of site-related messages include an email address confirmation or an answer to a request sent with the contact form.
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may review, update, correct or delete certain personal information we collect or receive about you through your account settings, or by contacting us as detailed in section 11.
You may also benefit from certain legal rights in respect of your personal information. Upon request, we will provide you with information about our processing of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive a copy of your information in an easily accessible format, and to request the deletion of your information other than information we are required to retain. In certain cases, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
Where you have provided your consent to processing of your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you no longer wish to receive marketing messages you may opt out as detailed in section 11.
- ABOUT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and other similar technologies (collectively, “Cookie Technologies”) are used by us and our partners. Cookie Technologies serve a number of purposes, including allowing the Services to function and helping us to understand how you use our website.
7.1. Types of Cookie Technologies
Cookies: These are small data files sent from a server to your browser. They are stored in your browser’s cache and allow a website or a third party to recognise your browser. There are three main types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don’t have to re-enter information every time you change pages or attempt to checkout. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically within a short period of time, for example, after you leave the Site or when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the Site, and allow us to recognise you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored in your browser’s cache or on your mobile device until either you choose to delete them or they expire and delete themselves.
- Third party cookies are placed by a third party may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each cookie.
Social widgets : These are buttons or icons provided by third party social media providers that allow you to interact with social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget, and are controlled by the third parties.
7.2. Purposes OF COOKIE TECHNOLOGIES
We use Cookie Technologies to recognise you on the Site, to make the Site function for you and to help personalise your experience. More specifically, we use Cookie Technologies for:
- Performance and analytics: Some Cookie Technologies provide performance data on how the Services are functioning in order to help improve them. We use these Cookie Technologies to collect information about your use of the Site, such as pages visited or any errors you may encounter. These Cookie Technologies either do not collect personal information, or aggregate the information in such a way that it is anonymised. The H-Ideas website also employ Google Analytics to help understand how the Services are used. For some of the marketing services listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with data we hold and with third party cookies. For more information on Google Analytics, see here.
These Cookie Technologies allow a partner to recognise your computer or mobile device each time you visit the H-Ideas website. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programmes, and our data protection rules where applicable. However, we do not control these third parties, who each have their own privacy practices.
7.3. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We use certain Cookie Technologies to ensure the H-Ideas website function for its intended purpose. By using the Site after having been notified of our use of Cookie Technologies in the ways described in this notice and, where applicable, through notice and unambiguous acknowledgement of your consent, you agree to such use.
7.4. Managing Cookie Technologies
You have the ability to control the use of certain Cookie Technologies:
- Browser settings : You may change your browser’s settings to reflect your preferences relating to Cookie Technologies. Each browser differs, but these settings are typically under an ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu.
- Third party networks: If you do not wish Cookie Technologies to be used to serve you interest-based ads, you may opt out of receiving interest-based ads through Your Online Choices. Please note that you will continue to receive generic ads.
- Google Analytics: You may opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features through Google Ads Settings. Google also provides a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Third party tools: Various third parties provide plug-ins and apps that may help provide you information on, and limit or block, Cookie Technologies.
- RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide the Services to you, or otherwise as necessary for the purposes described in this policy. If you no longer want us to use your information contact us as detailed in section 11, to request the removal of your datas.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information we collect and receive, both during transmission and after it is received. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing. This includes, for example, firewalls, encryption, password protection and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee its absolute security. If you believe the security of your personal information has been compromised, please contact us as detailed in section 11. If we become aware that your information has been compromised, we will inform you in accordance with applicable law.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may amend or update this notice from time to time. If we believe the changes are material, we’ll notify you by posting the changes on or through the Site or by sending you an email about the changes. We encourage you to check back regularly and review any updates.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, your personal information, or your choices and rights, please contact:
You may also have the right to file a complaint against us with the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) who is our lead supervisory authority for data protection matters. The CNIL’s contact details are:
Address : 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07 – France
Phone: +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 6:30pm/ Friday 9am to 6pm French time)